Friday, September 2, 2016


I AM...The Greatest



There has been a lot of talk over the last few years about who is the greatest NBA player of all time.  Some hold to Michael Jordan, while a younger generation seems to gravitate toward LaBron James.  In fact, I believe that there are some who could put together a strong argument for Wilt Chamberlin.  Truth be told, I think it’s none of the above…I’d put my money on Bugs Bunny.  Truth, truth be told…I don’t really care.  Basketball and I go together about as well as the Wicked Witch of the West and swimming.  To me “dunking” is something I do in my coffee,  “dribbling” is what I sometimes do on my shirt while sipping on an iced mocha during a long road trip, and rebounding is what happened after a Jr. High breakup…I cannot say that I have ever had a “Jr. High Break Up”…though I had plenty of “break outs!”

We deem a lot of things to be great, i.e. Wayne Gretzky is known as “The Great One.”  I asked my wife during these past Olympic Games in Rio…will records ever cease to be broken?  For example: It was believed that Michael Johnson’s 200m dash record would never be broken…Well, Usain Bolt proved that wrong.  It has now been said that Usain Bolt’s records in both the 100m dash and 200m dash records will never be broken…we’ll see.  Katie Ledecky’s 800m freestyle world record was phenomenal…when will it stop…who will eventually be THE GREATEST?

I find it fascinating that everything that we encounter in this world…even the greatest experiences of our lives…fall under the greatest thing/person/picture ever.  Eph. 1:15-23, leads us into this imagery of who Christ is.  How he has been exalted to the “highest” place…to the right hand of the father…and how “everything” has been placed “under” his feet.  He is the greatest.  What is perhaps even more astounding…is that Jesus Christ in all of His greatness…gives it “all” to us.

If you are looking for something that is truly great…there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment