Saturday, October 3, 2026

I Hope This Works 

They say that necessity is the mother of all inventions.  This would suggest that I must have a great deal of need, as I am constantly finding ways to repair and rig a variety of repairs around the home.  When the microwave oven door latch broke, I took it apart and rigged a new spring connection, and as I closed the door for the first time, I said, “I hope this works.”  Thankfully…it did!

When I first began reloading my own ammunition, I took an old metal coffee can, a long bolt, some walnut shells and a power drill and created my own brass tumbler.  As I started it for the first time I said, “Here goes nothing!” Then I proceeded to pick up all of the brass that was thrown around the garage when the tumbler failed to stay together.  After a few modifications and a few more failed attempts, I found my invention to be moderately successful.
When I was forced to replace the radius adjustment arm of my 1993 Ford Ranger, I was forced to get extremely creative.  I found myself absolutely unable to remove the 1-1/8” head bold from the bottom of the control arm.  Nothing I tried was having any effect.  I broke my ratchet and two long breaker bars trying to remove the bolt.  Even my impact driver was having no effect.  In the end, I purchased a 2-foot boxed end wrench, which I held in place by jacking a bottle jack under the wrench and pinching it to the bolt and frame arm.  The weight of the truck was holding the wrench in place as it pressed the wrench atop of the jack.  It was at this time that I said, “I hope this works."...and..."Here goes nothing."...and..."This is a really bad idea!,” as I swung as hard as I could with a 12-pound sledge hammer striking the opposite end of the wrench. 
Special note: It did work, and I didn’t die, nor did I lose any appendages! 
I was astounded that it worked!
As we encounter Jesus on the cross in Matthew 27:27-56, I have found myself astounded by what God is accomplishing.  As gruesome as this even is, it is not an accident.  In fact, it is literally part of God’s plan.  As God is executing his plan there is absolutely now questioning as to whether or not it will work.  God is not sitting on his throne wringing his hands saying… “I hope this works!”…or “Here goes nothing!”
God is not surprised that his plan worked…God knows that His plan will work because God’s plan is UNSTOPPABLE!
It is quite astounding to see how Satan attempts to derail God’s plan throughout the events…but God knows…and if God knows…then that is how it is going to be.
May we come to see God’s amazing and unstoppable plan of salvation that is offered to each one of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment